Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Who owns stock

Here at Pennyjar, when we talk about "little fish", we are referring to the middle class in this country. The fact of the matter is that right now in America the rich are getting richer and the middle class is treading water. This is statistical fact.

That said, does it really make sense to point at rich folks and blame them for your own current condition? Rather than blame, my strategy is to ask, "What are they doing?" and then do some of it. Blaming, or being a victim is disempowering. I find it more energizing to take some personal responsibility and change the habits that do not serve me well.

As you can see in the chart below, the top 10% weathiest people in America own roughly 80% of the stocks.

Maybe, if I want to be rich, I should know a little more about investing and stocks.

Maybe I should stop wasting my money on the latest gizmos, fashion trends or bling and put some of that money to work for me.

You think?

No comments: